Carmen Sada focuses her practice on Intellectual Property matters. Her tasks at OLIVARES are primarily registration, prosecution and maintenance of trademarks, client counseling, preparation and prosecution of trademark applications, trademark protection, licensing of trademark rights, trademark litigation before IMPI and before the FCTAA; working with trademark holders to protect their rights and manage clients trademark portfolios. She drafts licensing, assignment and coexistence agreements, and conducts negotiations on behalf of clients. Her practice includes a diverse range of industries and technologies such as pharmaceuticals, building products, video games, consumer goods, clothing, among others.
- “IMPI filing requirements”. Managing Intellectual Property. [May 2009]
- “Advantages of an opposition procedure”. Managing Intellectual Property. [December/January 2008]
When I’m not being a lawyer…
I love being a mom, I love to spend time with my child playing outdoors and spending time with my family. I love to travel, to read and to watch movies too.
- Universidad Anáhuac del Sur
Juris Doctor, 2001
- Asociación Mexicana para la Protección de la Propiedad Intelectual (AMPPI)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)